No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Benjamin Baird is a postdoctoral researcher in neuroscience and cognitive science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. On November 21, 2015, while I was staying at the sleep center attempting to have a lucid dream under his care and supervision, he kindly agreed to record an interview with me about his interest and work in lucid dreaming.
In this episode I interview Dr. Kristen LaMarca, an associate at the Lucidity Institute and a clinical psychologist who incorporates lucid dreaming in her practice. We discuss a variety of topics including research, psychology and supplements.
- Dr. Kristen LaMarca’s Website
- Kristen’s Blog
- Kristen on Twitter
- The Lucidity Institute
- Sleeping, Dreaming and Dying by The Dalai Lama
- Waking, Dreaming, Being by Evan Thompson
- Sponsor: Get a Free Audiobook from Audible at www.audibletrial.com/LucidDreaming
- Audiobook recommendation: Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
This is a fantastic presentation by Ursula Voss on her research on Lucid Dreaming. There is a really odd intro to this video but the lecture starts at minute 2:55, so just stick with it or skip it. read more…
Here is the video of the Panel on Dreams and Technology I was a part of at the Consciousness Hacking in Palo Alto. My awesome co-panelists are Jennifer Dumpert and Kelly Bulkeley.
I am going to be a part of 2 upcoming events, in the Consciousness Hacking meetups in Los Angeles on Dec 3rd and Palo Alto Dec 8th.
I am giving a presentation about The Future of Lucid Dreaming at the LA CH meetup on Dec 3rd in Pasadena. Info and registration here: http://www.meetup.com/Consciousness-Hacking-Los-Angeles/events/227044639/
I am also doing a panel on Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Technology for Dreaming at the CH Palo Alto meetup on Dec 8th together with Jennifer Dumpert and Kelly Bulkeley, Ph.D.: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dream-tech-new-tools-to-awaken-your-dreams-tickets-16777495942
In this episode I confess to my deteriorating sleep quality and it’s cascading affect on my dreaming practice. Sleep trackers rant, plus update on the gadget prototype.
In this mishmash of an episode I give some updates on my latest adventures, look at the latest technology and kickstarters for sleep gadgets and talk about the importance of sleep for lucid dreaming as well of general health and wellbeing.
- My interview on the Entrepreneurs in Training Podcast
- My interview on BBC4’s Out of the Ordinary
- The most comprehensive article on the Best Sleep Trackers on the Wall Street Journal
- The Beddit Sleep Tracker – Website | Amazon
- The Hello Sense Sleep Tracker & Monitor
- The Jawbone Up 3 – Website | Amazon (looks like shipping is no longer delayed)
- The LU-Kit – Kickstarter | Indiegogo
- The NPT Lucid Dreamer using Nocturnal Penile Tumescence (from the maker of the Luci)
- Chrona Smart Pillow Kickstarter
- Wakē Over-Bed Smart Alarm Kickstarter
- Kokoon EEG Headphones Kickstarter
- Luna Luxury Sleep Mask Kickstarter
- One more reason to get a good night’s sleep – TED Talk
Coming back from a long break with an interview with the 3 co-founders of Finite Films, the creators of Anamnesis, a short film and web series about Lucid Dreaming.
This episode covers the most common myths and misconceptions about lucid dreams and tries to clarify some fact from fiction. Also an exciting study at the University of Wisconsin is looking for expert lucid dreamers.
Another mini smorgasbord episode. MIT Media Labs interview with B. Alan Wallace, UMSL research study + Saint Louis Lucid Dreaming Meetup Group, and amazing statistics from an Android Lucid Dreaming App.