In this episode, I am speaking with Benjamin Baird, a Research Assistant Professor at The University of Texas at Austin, and one of the leading researchers in the field of lucid dreaming science.
We cover a wide range of topics, from philosophy and consciousness, some of the reasons to study lucid dreams, the science and neural correlates of lucidity, dispelling common myths, and more.
- Ben’s website – benjaminbaird.org
- The lucidity institute Hawaiian retreat
- Allan Wallace
- The out of print Lucid Dreaming (Book & CD) by Stephen LaBerge
- The Citizen Philosophy Podcast
- Integrated information theory (IIT)
- Experiential metadata
- Tech for Dreaming Meetup
- Tech for Dreaming YouTube
- Ben’s Tech for Dreaming Presentation
- Voss studies – 2009 and 2014
- “Replication” stimulation induction study