In this episode I interview philosopher Evan Thompson, who is a Professor of Philosophy at University of British Columbia, mainly in the fields of cognitive science, philosophy of mind and Phenomenology. He is the author of the book Waking, Dreaming, Being: Self and Consciousness in Neuroscience, Meditation, and Philosophy. We discuss a wide range of topics, the aspects of consciousness in sleep and lucid dreaming, various scientific studies, meditation as well as get into some geeky philosophical pondering on dreams and the nature of the sense of self.
- Evan Thompson’s Website, Twitter and Facebook
- Waking, Dreaming, Being
- Sleeping, Dreaming and Dying by The Dalai Lama
- Evan’s article on the difference Lucid Dreaming and Dreaming about Dreaming
- Evan’s article on whether consciousness is consciousness or fragmented
- Sponsor: Get a Free Audiobook from Audible at www.audibletrial.com/LucidDreaming
- Audiobook recommendation: A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics