In this mishmash of an episode I give some updates on my latest adventures, look at the latest technology and kickstarters for sleep gadgets and talk about the importance of sleep for lucid dreaming as well of general health and wellbeing.
- My interview on the Entrepreneurs in Training Podcast
- My interview on BBC4’s Out of the Ordinary
- The most comprehensive article on the Best Sleep Trackers on the Wall Street Journal
- The Beddit Sleep Tracker – Website | Amazon
- The Hello Sense Sleep Tracker & Monitor
- The Jawbone Up 3 – Website | Amazon (looks like shipping is no longer delayed)
- The LU-Kit – Kickstarter | Indiegogo
- The NPT Lucid Dreamer using Nocturnal Penile Tumescence (from the maker of the Luci)
- Chrona Smart Pillow Kickstarter
- Wakē Over-Bed Smart Alarm Kickstarter
- Kokoon EEG Headphones Kickstarter
- Luna Luxury Sleep Mask Kickstarter
- One more reason to get a good night’s sleep – TED Talk
Latest posts by Jay Mutzafi (see all)
- Lucid or Bust - June 23, 2016
- Episode 26 – Mike Lamberti - February 6, 2016
- Episode 25 – Dream Researcher Kelly Bulkeley - January 29, 2016
Thanks for for sleep tracker overview! Looks like there really isn’t a replacement for the Zeo wit EEG.
You seemed to wonder how well NTP would work as REM sleep detection. I don’t really know either. I know of one sleep scientist who said it would probably work well enough for the sort of home use where it doesn’t have to be 100 % accurate. And I met a maker and lucid dreamer who made experiments with a self-made trigger wire and a Zeo. He said it was working almost as well as the ZEO in terms of REM sleep detection (which he determined by comparing it to the Zeo, but that’s at least something). Unfortunately he didn’t publish his records and lost them by now.
About your device: Can you point me to a post with more details about it? Or is it too early to show what you have planned? I think I’ve heard about it for the first time in this podcast.
This was an excellent review on dreaming devices. You got me all excited about the Kokoon EEG headphones, BUT I am waiting to hear more about your device. You now have me anxiously waiting for more information.